Pancha means five, Karma means therapy. This five-fold purification therapy aims at correcting the imbalance of the body’s bio energies (The Dosha-Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) in order to maintain their inherent equilibrium. Like the earth, these bio-energies also have their own seasons. When one of the doshas accumulates, the body becomes imbalanced and prone to illness.
- Preparation of the body includes oil application and fomentation
- VAMANA (Inducing vomiting)
- VIRECHANA(Inducing purgation)
- VASTHY(medicated enemas)
- NASYAM(medication through nostrils)
- RAKTHAMOKSHA(letting out impure blood)
- Post treatment care
Duration: The full program takes minimum 7, 14 or 21 days 60 to 120 minutes per day, depending on individual’s Body Constitution.